The electrical training ALLIANCE is excited to launch the first of its kind lesson using virtual reality.
Enter the computer-generated three-dimensional jobsite to achieve your task of wiring some basic circuits including single-pole switches, three-way, and four-way switches, receptacles, ground-fault circuit interrupters, and more. The virtual reality experience will allow you to interact with some common jobsite tasks in a seemingly real or physical manner while remaining safe from any hazards of the job site or any concern about the repercussions of wiring a circuit incorrectly. This training will help you feel more comfortable with these tasks before you attempt them in either a lab or “real-world” setting.
This course consists of four lessons (with both a title and test modes) that allow students to experience the site without being on-site.
- SINGLE POLE SWITCH INSTALLATION
- SINGLE POLE SWITCH AND SWITCHED RECEPTACLE INSTALLATION
- TWO THREE-WAY SWITCHES CONTROLLING A LIGHT
- CONTROLLING A LIGHT FROM THREE LOCATIONS AND INSTALLING A GFCI
What Do You Need To Get Started?
- A Meta (Oculus) Quest 2 Headset. (More information about the headset can be found here.)
- Enroll the students in the Virtual Reality, Branch Circuit Wiring course on the LMS.
- Follow the instructions in this video.
Thanks for reading!