The electrical training ALLIANCE will update the PTSI Online Learning System curriculum. This will occur between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern on Friday, July 1. We have several exciting features being implemented and want to inform you in advance due to the potential impact on non-completed student progress.
We will be replacing modules in several courses to address submitted errata and provide additional user-focused functionality. The enhancements include a new LMS Connection Checker in each module that lets the user know if their connection to the LMS has timed out or been disconnected for any reason. Also, new fast-forward, rewind, and pause controls are being added to the modules to allow for quick navigation on narration-style slides.
- No Impact Group:
- Any user of the courses below who has yet to start or has completed lesson modules in these courses will be unaffected.
- Impacted Group:
- Any user who has accessed a lesson module but not yet completed them will have their progress reset. This means if a user has accessed a few or many slides of the affected modules but has not met the requirement of completion for that lesson module (getting to the end) by July 1 at 5 a.m., when they access the lesson module after that point, they will start again at Slide 1.
- Example: A student in lesson module 4 of a course who has started but not completed the module will start lesson 4’s module on slide 1. Previously completed modules will remain as completed in the LMS; however, access to the content will also begin at Slide 1.
- These updates affect the following courses:
- Applied Codeology, Navigating the 2020 NEC
- Constructing Your Future
- Introduction to Apprenticeship
- Only students who have started and not finished the modules will be affected. The effect is that they will begin at Slide 1 instead of continuing where they left off.
- All students who have completed the training module(s) will be unaffected. Their completion status will be maintained.
- We suggest ensuring students have completed those lessons before this date or waiting to access them until after July 1.
Check Answer Functionality
We will be enabling an existing quiz feature in a few courses that do not already exist. We are enabling the Check Answer function in quizzes that include calculations to allow students to check their answers for questions where the resulting value may be used in later questions. For courses with this functionality, students will see a new “Check” button below the question. Once clicked, the student will only see whether or not they answered that particular question correctly, and they will not be allowed to change their answer during that quiz attempt.
- This update affects the following courses:
- Electrical Code Calculations, Level 1_2020
- Electrical Code Calculations, Level II_2020
- Electrical Code Calculations, Level III_2020
- Code Calculations, Complete_2020
- Motors, Level II_2020 Lessons 4 and 5 ONLY
- Transformers, Level II_2020 Lessons 6, 7, 8, 9 ONLY
- This update does not impact student progress or answers in any way.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Advisor, Steve Strickland, who is available to answer your questions.
Thanks for reading!